"I'm going to make everything around me beautiful- that will be my life."

Related image 





I fell in love with this quote by 
Elsie de Wolfe the first time I read it. But instead of it being a dream, this is my reality.  Every day I wake up, go to work, and leave at the end of the day knowing that I was able to help someone feel better about themselves- this is MY life. 



So, let me introduce myself.  My name is Amy Burns.  I am a clinical nurse for Dr. Ronald Russo, MD in Champaign, IL.  He owns Rejuvenis Cosmetic Surgery, a solo private practice dedicated to cosmetic enhancement of the face and skin.  Aside from being the best facial cosmetic surgeon and injector around, he is also the most amazing mentor and teacher.  I feel beyond blessed to have the opportunity to work beside him every day.  I owe most of my knowledge of this industry to him, and I'm still constantly learning new things.  

  
I have pretty much worked in the beauty industry my entire life, and for the past 6 years as an aesthetician.  I have a passion for all things cosmetic surgery and medical spa related.  But most of all, I enjoy educating patients on how the services and treatments we offer can help them feel like the best version of themselves.

I loved working as an aesthetician, but I wanted to be able to take the professional services I was offering my patients a step further.   My end goal was to be able to legally provide every service that a medical spa offers.  So, with that being said, I decided to go back to school to get my nursing degree.  In May of 2017, I graduated with my LPN.  And in a short 8 months from now, I will finish my RN.  After completing my RN, I plan to continue my education, and pursue a masters degree and become an advanced practice nurse.  I feel that my knowledge, skill set, and passion to teach set me apart from others in this industry.  I have to admit, there are days that I feel guilty for not being the type of nurse that takes care of sick people and saves lives every day.  But then I have to stop and remind myself that I AM making a difference in people's lives. I'm helping people put their best face forward everyday, allowing them to face this world with confidence.  And in this day and age, that isn't always the easiest thing to do.  

My reason for starting this blog is simple:  education.  There are so many misconceptions about this industry and the services we provide.  For example, getting Botox or Dysport doesn't mean that your face will never show expression again.  And getting lip filler doesn't mean that you'll end up looking like a duck.  In my opinion, these fallacies are what cause the stigma that goes along with cosmetic surgery.  People are scared of things they don't fully understand.  So, at the end of the day, my goal for this blog is to help people better understand by sharing my excitement and knowledge for what I do every day.  And hopefully with that, some of these treatments will become less taboo.
Stay tuned!!!

Comments

Popular Posts